Below are the scanned copy of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Question Paper with answer keys of Exam Name 'SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (BIOLOGY) -KERALA POLICE SERVICE (FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY)' And exam conducted in the year 2021. And Question paper code was '018/2021'. Medium of question paper was in Malayalam or English . Booklet Alphacode was 'A'. Answer keys are given at the bottom, but we suggest you to try answering the questions yourself and compare the key along wih to check your performance. Because we would like you to do and practice by yourself.
93. What is the function of w subunit of RNA polymerase ?
(4) Cation binding (B) Promoter binding
(C) Initiation and elongation (D) Subunit association
94. Which one of the following statement is INCORECT regarding the classification of stains ?
(A) Bismark brown is a basic stains
(B) Janus green B and Methylene blue are examples of neutral stains
(6) एणी is an acidic stain
(D) Neutral red and Janus green are vital stains
95. In eukaryotic cell division, metaphase to anaphase transition is regulated by degradation
(A) Aurora A Kinase (B) Cyclin 81
(C) ۶1 (2) 7010-1110 Kinase
96. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT in the context of diversity patterns of
a species ?
(A) Alpha diversity is diversity within a single community
(B) Beta diversity is a measure of the change in species composition from one
community or habitat to another
(C) Alpha diversity is the regional diversity found among range of communities
in a geographical region
(D) Gamma diversity is the regional diversity found among range of
communities / habitats ina geographical region
97. Which of the following bacteria has subcellular localization in lysosomes ?
(A) Salmonella typhi (5) Sheplococcus pneumoniae
(C) Vibrio cholerae (D) Mycobacterium tuberculosis
98. The presence & distribution of specific mRNAs within a cell can be detected by
(4) Northern blot analysis (8) صا शाप hybridization
(C) Realtime PCR (D) ELISA
99. The “Red Queen Hypothesis” is related to
(A) _ The evolutionary arms race between the host and parasite.
(B) The mating order in the harem of a polyganous male
(C) The elimination by deleterious mutations by sexual reproduction
(D) Mate selectin process by a female in a lek
100. Production of excessive amount of corticotropin (ACTH) occur in which of the following
(A) Greve’s disease ൯) Greig’s syndrome
(೮) Cushing’s syndrome (D) Alport syndrome
018/2021 . ` 14 A