Below are the scanned copy of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Question Paper with answer keys of Exam Name 'SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (BIOLOGY) -KERALA POLICE SERVICE (FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY)' And exam conducted in the year 2021. And Question paper code was '018/2021'. Medium of question paper was in Malayalam or English . Booklet Alphacode was 'A'. Answer keys are given at the bottom, but we suggest you to try answering the questions yourself and compare the key along wih to check your performance. Because we would like you to do and practice by yourself.
29. Which of the following families have anomocytic type of stomata ?
(A) Rubiaceae (B) Cruciferae
(C) Ranunculaceae ൯൩) Caryophyllaceae
30. Find out the neutral stain.
(ಹ) Safranin (B) Giemsa stain
(C) Methyl blue (D) Ferric sulphate
31. Find out the wrong statement about geological time scale from the following :
(A) Holocene epoch belongs to Quaternary period
(B) Cretaceous period belongs to Mesozoic era
(C) Devonian period belongs to Palaeozoic era
(D) Silurian period is belongs to Mesozoic era
32. Find out the correct answer related with Trichopus zeylanicus from the following statements :
1. t has anti-fatique property
1. Fruits and leaves are used
11. 1٦ belongs to Dioscoreaceae family
iv. It is used by Kani tribes of Western Ghats.
(ಹ) Only i & iv correct. (B) 1 ii, iii & iv correct
(C) 1 iii & iv only correct (0) 1% iv only correct
33. Which among the following is not the main goal of the Convention on Biological
Diversity (CBD) ?
(A) Eliminating hunger and improving nutrition and standards of living by
increasing agricultural productivity.
(B) Share any benefits from genetic diversity equally
(C) വടം of diversity without destroying it
(D) 10 protect biodiversity
34. Match the following:
Set-A Set -B
(a) Chilgoza 1. Tumboa
(0) Sagopalm 1. Pinus gerardiana
(൦) Maidenhairtree iii © Cycas revoluta
(9) Welwitschia iv. Ginkgo biloba
(4) a-iv, 0-111, പേ, d-i (8) உரு, 0-111 c-i, 6-11
(6) 8-1,0-110-1 6-1 (2) व-111, b-i, c-iv, 6-11
35. Which bacteria produce the antibiotic Chloramphenicol ?
(A) Streptomyces venezuelae (B) Streptomyces fradiae
(C) Streptomyces rimosus (2) Pencillium sp.
36. Which among the following is the binomial for black gram ?
(A) Vigna radiata (B) Vigna unguiculata
(C) Vigna mungo (D) Cajanus cajan
37. Perianth in Poaceae is represented by
(A) Lema 8) Lodicules
(९0) Palea (D) glume
0182021 44444 “6