Below are the scanned copy of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Question Paper with answer keys of Exam Name 'HSST English - KHSE ' And exam conducted in the year 2022. And Question paper code was '078/2022'. Medium of question paper was in Malayalam or English . Booklet Alphacode was 'A'. Answer keys are given at the bottom, but we suggest you to try answering the questions yourself and compare the key along wih to check your performance. Because we would like you to do and practice by yourself.
. Which among the following entreaties is/are made by the poet to the world outside, in the
poem Canonization ?
1. To hold their tongues and let them love.
2. To engage in some productive endeavours.
3. To memorialize the lovers in verses.
4. To chide his palsy and gout.
A) 1 and 2 B) 3and4 C) 1 4 D) 2and3
. Which of these statements regarding the essay Of Truth by Francis Bacon is/are
1. Truth is the sovereign good of human nature.
2. A mixture of lie doth add pleasure.
3. It is heaven upon earth to have a man’s mind turn upon the poles of falsehood.
4. Mixture of falsehood is like alloy in coin of gold and silver.
A) 1, 2 2016 3 only 8) 1,2and4only 0) 38/6 4 only 0) 2 and 3 only
“Paradise Lost is one of the books which the reader admires and lays down, and forgets
to take up again. None ever wished it longer than it is. Its perusal is a duty rather than
a pleasure. We read Milton for instruction, retire harassed and overburdened, and look
elsewhere for recreation; we desert our master, and seek for companions.” This harsh
barb on Milton occurs in
A) Epigram on Milton by John Dryden
B) Life of Milton by Dr. Johnson
©) Homage to Dryden by T. 5. Eliot
D) The Marriage of Heaven and Hell by William Blake
Which of the following are correctly matched with regard to the description of characters
in the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales by Chaucer ?
1. The Knight a. Observes dainty tablemanners
2. The Pardoner b. Participated in the crusades
3. The Prioress c. Made pilgrimages to Jerusalem
4. The Wife of Bath d. Carries a bag full of fake relics
A) 1 - ५, 2-0, 3-0०, 4-8
8) 1-7, 2-8, 3-०, 4- 0
C) 1-9, 2- ०, 3-9, 4-6
0) 1-०7, 2-0, 3-8, 4-०
On top of which section of the manuscript of The Wasteland did Ezra Pound write, “OK.
OK from here on | think” ?
A) ‘The Burial of the Dead’
B) ‘The Fire Sermon’
C) ‘Death by Water’
D) ‘What the Thunder Said’