Below are the scanned copy of Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Question Paper with answer keys of Exam Name 'TRADESMAN WELDING TECHNICAL EDUCATION TVM KLM PTA KTM EKM TSR MPM KKD KNR DISTS' And exam conducted in the year 2014. And Question paper code was '147/2014'. Medium of question paper was in Malayalam or English . Booklet Alphacode was 'A'. Answer keys are given at the bottom, but we suggest you to try answering the questions yourself and compare the key along wih to check your performance. Because we would like you to do and practice by yourself.
48. What step will eliminate the undercut defect in arc welding ?
(^) Use buttering run (8) Pre-heat the plates to be welded
(C) Decrease the speed of welding (12) Increase the speed of welding
49. 17 7727021 metal arc welding the flux coating is to give deep penetration
would contain :
(^) Cellulose (8) Manganese
(0) ண Oxide (D) Calcium Carbonate
50, What is the melting temperature of copper ?
(A} ட (8) 850°C (೧) 1930© (D) 1083°C
51. Oxygen is
(A) Tuel Gas (8) Supporter of Combustion
(0 An inert gas (D) None of these
52. Flame is used in Oxy-acetylene gas welding of brass.
(ಗ) Neutral (B) Carbonizing
(9 Oxidizing (D) None of these
53. Purpose of using Jigs and Fixtures of clamps for holding work in welding is to prevent :
(ಗಿ) Arc Blow (8) Distortion (C) Oxidation (2) Undercut
54. _ Gasis generated by the reaction of water and calcium carbide.
(A) Hydrogen (ए) கண்ணை (C) Argon (D) Oxygen
55. Which one of the following metals has highest thermal conductivity ?
(ക) Zinc (B) Aluminium (3) Mild steel (D) Copper
56. Some metal particles which are thrown out of the arc during welding along with the weld
are called :
(ಗಿ) Porosity (18) Overlap (9) Spatters (0) Undercut
147/2014 8 A